How to Receive Fee Deferment Benefits
The university may award fee deferments to students receiving veterans education assistance benefits.
A tuition deferment allows students to pay their tuition after the fee payment deadline without being subject to cancellation of registration or a late payment fee. Fee deferments cover your tuition only and must be established by the fee payment deadline of the term in which you want the deferment.
How to Apply for a Tuition Deferment?
Your tuition and fees will be deferred automatically upon submission of your UF Enrollment Certification request for benefits form. You must apply for your benefits before the fee payment deadline. If you apply for benefits after the fee payment deadline, please contact the Students Veteran Services office for assistance.
- Tuition and fees cannot be deferred if you owe fees for a previous term.
- It is important that you review your tuition status each semester to make sure your deferment has been processed. Access Student Self Service in ONE.UF. Go to My Online Services > University Bursar > Student Center for your deferment status.
- Students enrolled in specialized programs in which fees are paid directly to the department (e.g., Distance Learning, Doctor of Audiology, Professional MBA, Working Doctor of Pharmacy, etc.) need to contact the office to which payments are made to determine fee deferment eligibility and procedures.
- A $100 late payment fee will be assessed if tuition and fees are not paid by the deferred fee payment deadline. If you cannot pay your deferment before the deadline, please contact the Student Veteran Services' Office.
- Students living in university residence halls may be able to defer housing fees as well. Contact the Housing Office for more details.