Transferring VA Benefits

Transferring VA Benefits to UF

This information is for those who have used VA educational benefits at another institution and have enrolled for the first time at the University of Florida. Here's how to transfer your educational benefits to UF.

Submit a Request for Change of Program/Place

Apply online with VETS.GOV

  • Form 22-1995 for All Recipients Except for Chapter 35
  • Form 22-5495 for Chapter 35

Notate confirmation number and submission date. You will need to input this information during the following steps.

Complete UF paperwork

Complete the UF Enrollment Certification Request.

Submit copies to our office

Submit a copy of the certificate of eligibility to the Veterans Services Office.

Check with the Office of Admissions

Ensure copies of official transcripts from all previous institutions attended have been submitted to the UF Office of Admissions. This includes a copy of your Joint Services Transcript (uses a private military SSL).